Welcome to TIC-NC
The Tick-Borne Infections Council of North Carolina, Inc. is a non-profit organization formed to improve the recognition, treatment, control, and understanding of tick-borne diseases in North Carolina. Visit the pages of our website to learn more about ticks in North Carolina and about tick infections.
- Educate the public, medical and veterinary professionals, school health nurses, and the public health system about tick-borne diseases in North Carolina, including risk factors, emerging infections, and prevention.
- Encourage an enhanced public health response.
- Secure appropriate ongoing surveillance of tick-borne disease prevalence in at risk populations and disease prevalence in ticks and vectors by the public health sector and make this information available periodically to the public and the medical sector.
- Develop and maintain a registry of persons with tick-borne diseases in North Carolina.
- Encourage the public health sector to identify and characterize the newly emerging tick-borne infections in the Southeast.
Watch Us! UNC Journalism Students and TIC-NC Members Present a PSA
In the Fall of 2012 We Joined with Beat The Bite to Help Spread the Word About Lyme Disease!
For more information, check out Beat the Bite's website.
CHECK OUT our new slide shows about NC ticks on the About Ticks page and about preventing bites and illness on our Prevent Illness page.
If you currently have or have ever had any tick-borne infections, please click here to learn more about our registry.
Download a copy of our informative brochure.
Download our latest newsletter.
Learn more about joining our organization or helping us with a donation.
Researchers at the University of North Florida (UNF) are identifying and testing ticks for a study to determine the tick species in the southern U.S and the diseases they carry. For more information on collecting ticks and submitting them, please click on the following links: Instructions for Submitting Ticks to UNF UNF Tick Submission Form
If you are interested in helping support our cause, please contact us.